I remember being very apprehensive about my first day.I was an ugly looking kid with the most undesirable trait - Short height.Whoever saw me immidiately commented on my height and how I didnt look my age.With a lot of fears in mind , I stood waiting for the bus at the designated school bus stop.
I noticed two tall girls standing and chatting with each other.They looked quite hep to be school girls I thought.The bus arrived and I got into it along with the other two and took a seat.I dont exactly remember the details but the bus ambience was all charged up.Everyone was highly excited to be going to school..girls and guys seemed to mingle up really well.I felt terribly out of place.
The bus stopped and I got down to have a first look at the school building.It was huge , not a big surprise as the KVs also werent lagging behind when it came to area.Now it had been my habit to cry on the first day of a new school but this time I had made up my mind that I wouldnt have any of that nonsense here.The girl whom I saw at the bus stop was walking ahead , I didnt know her name.
"Didi " I called out to her.She turned to look at me in surprise.This was the last thing any one wanted to be addressed as in a school like TAFS!
"Do you know where class X is" I asked her.
"Class X!!!Are you in class X?Which section?" she asked me.
"B" I replied.
Just like the others , she too was taken by surprise.She couldnt believe that someone half her height could be in the same class.I got to know that she too was in X class but a different section.She was kind enough to show me the way and even introduced to me another behanji like me.By the way this bus stop mate and class mate later on went on to become my best friend for keeps.
No comments:
Post a Comment